Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Travel to Norway....

I'll start by saying that if you are going to buy a plane ticket to Norway, make the return date within 90 days of leaving....otherwise, the airline won't check you in to your flight. I learned this first-hand. I was at the airport ready to send myself off for 4 months and because I didn't have my visa yet and I wasn't returning for over 90 days, they wouldn't check me in! You can visit for up to 90 days, that's it, there's no way around it without a visa. So as I was talking to the airline people trying to switch my ticket to the 90 day window, I missed my flight. That was the start to my journey. After almost 3 hours on the phone I finally got my ticket switched (with a nice large fee) to the next day and returning within that magic 90 day window. I was off. Three airports, 3 planes, and 2 train rides later, I finally arrived in Evenstad, Norway. From leaving my house at 4:30 am in Crowley, TX to finally arriving in my dorm room in Norway at 8 pm the next day (norway time), I believe I was traveling for about 32 hours altogether.

No comments: