Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lindseyisms


If you know me at all....you will also know that I have an alternate name for just about everything and everyone. So, this being the case, I wanted to share some of the current nicknames I've given things here. I already mentioned "pirate chew" as the name for snus....the nasty stuff that makes the boys look like pirates. Another one that I can thank my friend Mackenzie for is "the small store," the small store is the only store in Evenstad, which is actually named Arnesen's Landhandleri....as shown from the picture. The original "small store" resides on Alcon's campus. :) Another phenomenon that has earned a new Lindseyism is the party here every Tuesday where everyone basically gets smashed and don't come to class the next day. I have deemed this "Drunk Tuesday." Drunk Tuesdays are odd to me.....if I did drink and I cared two bits about it, I would never decide on Tuesdays as the day to get smashed. Even my class....with all 10 students is less crowded on Wednesday morning because of the rousing previous night. I am not a fan on Drunk Tuesdays, but they're very popular here. I need to come up with an alternate plan and call it "No-BoozeDay Tuesday." I bet it would go over well.....

These three names: pirate chew, the small store, and Drunk Tuesdays, are all currently used by me and have been adopted by those around me as well. I have a weird way of influencing people. I have also told one of my brothers about Drunk Tuesday and we have decided that I need to have an ode to it...so here goes....

Ode to Drunk Tuesday

Drunk Tuesday, Drunk Tuesday
Wherever did you come from?
Drunk Tuesday, Drunk Tuesday
When everyone falls on their bum

The most lively night of the week
When all get together to booze (yes, I made that a verb)
Bobbing heads and slurred speak
Are only followed by snooze

Why on Tuesday you fall
One will never find out
But the day doesn't matter at all
It's all about the beer, no doubt

Drunk Tuesday, Drunk Tuesday
Only in Norway do you thrive
Drunk Tuesday, Drunk Tuesday
When Wednesdays are not so alive

The End

So, those are the Lindseyisms in full force right now...I have no doubt there are more coming.

VIVA NO-BOOZEDAY TUESDAY!

3 comments:

Clarissa Jane said...

roonnate, I just love your way with words. i think i could publish a smallbook (like smallstore) with all the poetry i have of your sitting in my inbox. the poo one is probably still my favorite.
tee hee

Shannon said...

Is there a melody to go with those words? I think you should make a video of you singing it and post it. Or maybe have them sing it, on D. T. of course. That would probably be pretty entertaining...

Pammy said...

hehehe. Yes, you were right, it did make me laugh! I agree with Shannon...you should have them all sing it on D.T. That would be hilarious!