Monday, January 26, 2009

"I think we'll be getting a bucket..."













What would you choose?????



Yesterday as I talked to a friend at church she was telling me about the house she will be moving to next week. They don't build very many new houses in Norway and so they tend to live in some pretty old houses sometimes....and some of these really old houses don't have indoor toilets. OH my. Outhouses with toilets are the key to going to the bathroom. Oh my...again. My friend was telling me how I needed to come visit her for a few days when she got all moved into her "new" house. This "new" house does NOT have an indoor toilet....yet. The thoughts that come to mind when she invites me over is that I will have to trudge through the snow every time I have to go potty.....I should be grateful for the invitation and shouldn't be thinking of these things....anyways.....so I humorously asked about the outhouse and how I would have to go outside every time to use the toilet....and she agreed that I would indeed have to do so, but that they were going to be investing in a bucket........................this started some pretty hysterical laughter coming out of my mouth and it wouldn't stop. I hopefully didn't offend her, I don't think I did, but I just couldn't hold it in. A BUCKET???!!!! I think they should call it the chamberpot. How would I ever be a pioneer???

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Yes, I'm familiar with those outbursts of uncontrollable laughter...

Hey outhouses ain't that bad so long as you take your own paper and hand sanitizer and hold your nose! But don't set anything down anywhere, you stash it in your armpits while you go. Ha ha ha, did you know Wanedda was such an expert? Or maybe you should just bring your own bucket. If I were her that's what I'da told you to do! :)