Friday, January 2, 2009

Turning over a New Year

To start off the New Year I am back in Norway. I flew back here on New Year's Eve and spent the night somewhere above the big pond.....sleeping in a plane. I'm not even sure when the new year turned over. I think I missed it completely because of the time change. I did see the fireworks on TV in Sydney, though. That's gotta count for something. So after a night and a day in the airport, I finally got here on New Year's day. It's a bit colder here than when I left and just a tad colder than Texas. A tad equals about 40-50 degrees colder. I am here nonetheless and happy to be. Much to my chagrin, there were no pants-less men at the Oslo airport when I arrived. It sure does give a little jolt when you're dog-tired. I had no problems while in transit, except for the fact that my shoulders fell off from the bag of books I was lugging all over the world as my carry-on....who needs shoulders anyway....or books, for that matter? Just wanted to say that all is well, Norway is cold and snow-covered :) and I'm a happy kid. I loved being at home for 2 months, but now it's time to have my American conveniences taken away and start roughin it here again. I even got my hair cut a day before I left so I could lengthen the time before I slaughtered my own hair again by cutting it myself. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Don't forget about me out here in the land of trolls.

No comments: